The Indiana Department of Natural Resources Community and Urban Forestry (CUF) program has opened its 2021 Community & Urban Forestry Assistance (CUFA) Grant application period. CUFA funds are provided by the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service (USFS) Northeastern Area. We encourage communities throughout Indiana to advance their urban forestry goals through application to this program.
This grant supports a variety of urban forestry projects throughout our state. The types of activities CUF seeks to promote include public tree inventories with urban forestry management plans, urban tree canopy assessments, storm response planning, tree planting, public and/or staff education, program outreach, and the establishment and strengthening of local urban forestry programs.
Please note the following:
- Grant awards are available for a minimum $1,000 and a maximum $25,000.
- Indiana municipalities, townships, tribal governments, counties, park districts, and 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Projects must be on public lands or in public rights-of-way.
- This grant requires a 1:1 match.
- Grant funds are awarded on a reimbursable basis.
- Grant-funded activities will start in early 2022 and end by June 30, 2023.
- Applications are due Friday, Aug. 13, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. ET.
All application materials are available for download at:
Additional information and applications are available from:
DNR Division of Forestry CUF
402 W. Washington St. W296
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Keywords: urban forestry, trees, grant, CUFA, USFS, DNR, Indiana, municipal, green infrastructure