The Indiana Arts Commission announced it has distributed American Rescue Plan Act funds to 278 nonprofit organizations totaling $834,000.
Grants were distributed through the agency’s Arts Recovery Program with American Rescue Plan Act funds directly from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) with additional NEA funds through Arts Midwest, Indiana’s regional partner.
“We are proud to partner with the National Endowment for the Arts and Arts Midwest to support the arts organizations across Indiana that are playing a key role in the recovery from the pandemic,” said Lewis Ricci, Indiana Arts Commission Executive Director. “This funding is a recognition of the value that the creative sector provides to the economic and social health of our state and nation.”
The Arts Recovery Program supports:
- Salary support, full or partial, for one or more staff positions
- Fees/stipends for artists and/or contractual personnel
- Facilities costs such as rent and utilities, e.g., electric, phone, gas bills.
- Costs associated with health and safety supplies for staff and/or visitors/audiences
- Marketing and promotion costs
Last month panelists met virtually and assessed each applicant’s ability to advance the arts, provide relevant activities and access to the arts, and operate through June 2022.
In Northwest Indiana grants went to:
- Michigan City Messiah
- Dunes Arts Foundation Inc.
- LaPorte Symphony Orchestra
- The Jack & Shirley Lubeznik Center for the Arts
- African American Achievers Youth Corps, Inc.
- L'arc en Ciel Theatre Group
- Northwest Indiana Excellence in Theatre Foundation Inc
- Top 20, Inc.
- Beachfront Dance School, INC
- Books, Brushes & Bands for Education
- Indiana Ballet Theatre NW Inc
- Miller Beach Arts & Creative District CDC, Inc.
- Northwest Indiana Symphony Society, Inc.
- South Shore Arts
- South Shore Dance Alliance, Inc
- Towle Performing Arts Company
- North Coast Cultural Association
- Regional Performing Arts Company
- Sequenza Chamber Music, Inc. (DBA: Duo Sequenza)
- Art Barn School of Art, Inc.
- Association of Artists and Craftsmen of Porter County (DBA the Chesterton Art Center)
- Community Theatre Guild/Chicago Street Theatre
- Porter County Government (DBA: Memorial Opera House)