The nonprofit Rogers Park Business Alliance (RPBA) announces business specials from dozens of local small businesses for Small Business Saturday, which marks the beginning of RPBA’s annual Live Love Shop Rogers Park holiday rebate program that runs from November 26 through December 31, 2022. RPBA is an official 2022 Neighborhood Champion and Shop Small ambassador.
A Live Love Shop Rogers Park holiday kickoff will begin at a Welcome Station hosted at The Common Cup (1501 W. Morse Ave.) on Small Business Saturday, November 26 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Welcome Station will feature free giveaways of coffee or hot chocolate from The Common Cup, crepes from Babitos Bites, and tote bags with local business goodies. Live music will be offered at the Welcome Station, as well as an interactive photo wall including a holiday-themed 3D snow globe created for Instagrammable moments. For updates, visit rpba.org/live-love-shop.
The Small Business Saturday discounts and special offers from Rogers Park businesses are as follows:
- Athena Board Games: 10% off all board games
- Chicago Upholstery & Drape Company: 20% off labor service
- ChiTown Magpie: 10% off when customers mention Rogers Park Business Alliance
- Culture of Safety: Free uniform with one month’s membership for those who schedule a trial on Small Business Saturday
- Dulceria La Siesta, Inc: 15 % off + Raffle
- Flatts & Sharpe Music, Co.: 10% off all brand-new Martin acoustic guitars
- The Glenwood Bar / Artisan Market: $7 Hot Toddy Bar / $7 Tullamore Dew Spiced Eggnog / $5 Revolution Fistmas (beer)
- Howard Street Brewing: 10% off merchandise including t-shirts, glassware, and hats
- Jarvis Square Tavern: $5 slushy drinks and $5 glass of wine
- Leather64TEN: Up to 40% off purchase and giveaways when customers “spin to win”
- My Clever Canine: 10% off a training program when mentioned in the evaluation form; online only
- The New 400 Theaters: $6 Tickets
- Picnic Wine & Provisions: Live music and special menu at $6.026 - menu items include wine by the glass and snack plates
- Present Moment Journeys: A warm beverage & biscotti / a free digital “Guided Holiday Stress Relaxation Meditation”
- Rogers Park Moves: 10% off any 10 class punch cards (private sessions, duos, or group classes) with discount code CONNECT10 at checkout
- Rogers Park Provisions: 10% off all Chicago made items
- R Public House: Burger and Beer for $15
- Smack Dab Chicago: 15% off, using code "SBSROGERSPARK" for Small Business Saturday only; applicable for dine-in, pickup or delivery
- Sol Café: Buy one and get one 25% off on specialty drinks, free drip coffee with the purchase of any retail coffee, free small chai latte with the purchase of any retail Chai concentrates
- Taste Food & Wine: 2 $5 house wines and a charcuterie platter for $30
- Theatre Above The Law: $15 tickets at the box office
- Third Coast Comics: 10% off purchases with mention of Rogers Park Business Alliance or Small Business Saturday, and a Free Comic with $50 purchases
- Twilight Kitchen: 10% off everything
Photos (l-r): Rogers Park business, R Public House, on Small Business Saturday 2019, courtesy of Rogers Park Business Alliance.
Holiday themed 3D photo wall created by Nate Baranowski in 2020, courtesy of Rogers Park Business Alliance.
Rogers Park Business Alliance’s shop local campaigns such as Live Love Shop Rogers Park make a visible impact on building a strong local business community. In the 2021 Live Love Shop Rogers Park campaign, more than 520 transactions were recorded at 143 independently-owned businesses within Rogers Park. Over $26,000 was spent with $17,680 staying in the Rogers Park community.
Live Love Shop Rogers Park offers rebates to shoppers who patronize independently owned businesses in Rogers Park during the holiday season. From November 26 through December 31, customers who shop at independently owned Rogers Park stores are eligible for a rebate based on the total amount spent. Those who collect $150 or more in receipts will receive a $50 rebate, and those with receipts totaling $200 or more will receive a $75 rebate. To qualify for the rebate, a completed rebate form and original receipts (hard copy or digital/email confirmation dated between November 26 and December 31, 2022; no gift receipts allowed) must be turned in to RPBA by Friday, January 6, 2023, by 4 p.m. Shoppers can download the PDF form, or pick up a hardcopy from RPBA’s office (1448 W. Morse Ave.) then mail the completed form along with the receipts to RPBA. For more information and detailed rebate rules, visit rpba.org/live-love-shop.
Rogers Park Business Alliance (RPBA) is a nonprofit organization that has served Chicago’s diverse Rogers Park neighborhood for 29 years. RPBA works to cultivate and sustain a thriving economic environment in Rogers Park, serving businesses and residents with a variety of public events and business initiatives. RPBA programs include the GROW/PROGRESANDO entrepreneurial training program, the Illinois Small Business Development Center at Rogers Park Business Alliance, annual Best of Rogers Park awards, Chalk Howard Street Festival, Taco Crawl, and the Glenwood Sunday Market farmers market. For more information, visit RPBA.org.