The nonprofit Rogers Park Business Alliance (RPBA) announces business specials from over a dozen local small businesses for Small Business Saturday, which marks the beginning of RPBA’s annual Live Love Shop Rogers Park holiday rebate program that runs from November 25 through December 31, 2023. Adding to the holiday celebration this year will be RPBA’s RP Together fundraiser aiming to raise $30,000 for the nonprofit’s 30th anniversary, beginning November 1 through GivingTuesday, November 28, 2023.
Photos (l-r): Live Love Shop Rogers Park graphic, Picnic Wine & Provisions, Small Business Saturday graphic, and holiday themed 3D photo wall created by Nate Baranowski, courtesy of Rogers Park Business Alliance.
RPBA is an official 2023 Neighborhood Champion and Shop Small ambassador. The Small Business Saturday discounts and special offers from Rogers Park independent businesses are as follows:
- Bark Place: 20% off pet food and toys
- Cally’s Curls & Co.: 20% off all retail and 10% off services
- ChiTown Magpie: 10% off when customers mention Rogers Park Business Alliance
- Culture of Safety: $10 off all gift certificates including the Shiatsu treatments and Karate Open House; those who participate in a trial class will receive a free uniform upon signing up for lessons
- Curves Health Club: Free fitness assessment from 9 a.m. to noon; enrollment fee waived for those who sign up for membership
- Devon Market: $5 off $20 purchase when customers mention Small Business Saturday at the register, excluding alcohol
- Dulceria La Fiesta, Inc: 15% off storewide
- Flatts & Sharpe Music Co.: 10% off all brand-new merchandise
- Leather64TEN: “Spin to Win” for discounts and prizes
- Malliway Bros: 25% off custom made charm bags
- Modern Food Mart: BOGO Yerba beverages / 3 Red Bulls for $6
- The Common Cup: 10% off espresso beverages with a breakfast sandwich purchase
- The Grocer African & Caribbean Store: Free Caribbean Meat Pie for the first 25 customers and 5% off all purchases
- Third Coast Comics: 10% off graphic novels
A Live Love Shop Rogers Park holiday kickoff will begin at a Welcome Station hosted at Devon Market (1440 W. Devon Ave.) on Small Business Saturday, November 25 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Welcome Station will feature free giveaways of coffee or hot chocolate, crepes from Babitos Bites, carolers, tote bags with local business goodies, and an interactive photo wall including a holiday-themed 3D snow globe for Instagrammable moments. For updates, visit rpba.org/live-love-shop.
Rogers Park Business Alliance’s shop local campaigns such as Live Love Shop Rogers Park make a visible impact on building a strong local business community. In the 2022 Live Love Shop Rogers Park campaign, over $42,580 was spent with $29,104 staying in the Rogers Park community, via more than 735 transactions recorded at 143 independently owned businesses within Rogers Park.
Live Love Shop Rogers Park offers rebates to shoppers who patronize independently owned businesses in Rogers Park during the holiday season. From November 25 through December 31, customers who shop at independently owned Rogers Park stores are eligible for a rebate based on the total amount spent. Those who collect $150 or more in receipts will receive a $50 rebate, and those with receipts totaling $200 or more will receive a $75 rebate. To qualify for the rebate, a completed rebate form and original receipts (hard copy or digital/email confirmation dated between November 25 and December 31, 2023; no gift receipts allowed) must be turned in to RPBA by Friday, January 5, 2024, by 4 p.m. Shoppers can fill out or download the PDF form, or pick up a hard copy from RPBA’s office (1448 W. Morse Ave.) then return the completed form along with the receipts to RPBA. For more information and detailed rebate rules, visit rpba.org/live-love-shop.
This holiday season, RPBA is proud to celebrate 30 years of strengthening business and building community, cultivating and sustaining a thriving economic environment in Rogers Park serving its businesses and residents. In November, RPBA’s goal is to raise $30,000 in honor of the 30th anniversary with all proceeds benefiting its efforts to continue the support of Rogers Park businesses, residents, and community. RPBA aims to invest the proceeds toward forwarding the implementation of the Elevate Devon commercial corridor plan announced earlier this year, and the purchase of a building to host RPBA’s GROW/PROGRESANDO entrepreneurial training programs. To make a donation, go to rpba.org/donate.
Rogers Park Business Alliance is a nonprofit organization that has served Chicago’s diverse Rogers Park neighborhood for 30 years. RPBA works to cultivate and sustain a thriving economic environment in Rogers Park, serving businesses and residents with a variety of public events and business initiatives. RPBA programs include the GROW/PROGRESANDO entrepreneurial training program, the Illinois Small Business Development Center at Rogers Park Business Alliance, annual Best of Rogers Park awards, Chalk Howard Street Festival, Taco Crawl, and the Glenwood Sunday Market farmers market. For more information, visit RPBA.org.